Eugenol is a member of the phenylpropanoids class of chemical compounds. The chemical formula of eugenol is C10H12O2. Eugenol is a colorless to pale yellow oily liquid extracted from some essential oils particularly from clove oil, nutmeg, cinnamon, basil, and bay leaf. It is current in concentrations of 89% in clove bud oil and at 82–88% in clove leaf oil. It is a phenylpropene, an allyl chain-substituted guaiacol.
Uses & Benefits:-
– Eugenol is widely used in the perfumes, essential oils, and flavorings.
– It is also used as a local antiseptic and anesthetic.
– Eugenol is generally used as bait to attract and collect these bees for study.
– It is also used in manufacturing stabilizers and antioxidants for rubbers and plastics.
– It can be used to reduce the presence of lactobacillus sake and listeria monocytogenes in food.
|Product Title :||Eugenol|
|Appearance :||Pale yellow to dark yellow clear liquid|
|Specific Gravity :||1.064|
|Refractive Index :||1.544|